Instructions to take screen shot on Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, 2003
* To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press the Print Screen (it could also be labeled as PrtScn or PrtScrn) button on your keyboard. It can be found near the top, to the right of all the F keys (F1, F2, etc) and often in line with the arrow keys.
* To take a screenshot of just the program that is active, press and hold the Alt button (found on either side of the space bar), then press the Print Screen button.
* To view this screenshot further or save as an image, you can use Microsoft Paint (Paint) or any other graphics program. We recommend using the Paint program.
* To open Paint Program on your system - Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories->Paint
* When you are in Paint at a blank page click on Edit and then click on Paste and your screen shot will appear on the blank page.
* To save, just go through the usual steps for saving a picture or graphics item (for example, click File, then Save As or Save.)
Finally Choose the desired location (drive/folder) to save the file. Default location is Desktop. Write the desired name in the File Name. You can also select the desired image type by clicking on Save as type option from the drop-down menu. For example here we are saving file 'screenshot01' as type .PNG (recommended).
Note: You can attach and send this file as an attachment to an email.